Saturday 23 January 2016

Positivity Hacks

Hey guys!
I am talking about positivity today - how to feel positive, how to ignore the negative, how to improve your life and how to feel generally happier. Happy reading!
OK, we are just going to give you 3 everyday tips for being positive. They can be used every day, every week, or on and off - it is your choice! I use these as often as I can to ensure I am left feeling happy:
1. Have breakfast! I know this is simple, but many teen girls don't do this. Having breakfast uses up precious time in the morning but it is also really healthy and a good way to start the day. If you don't have time for breakfast on school days, take a piece of fruit or a cereal bar to school and eat it on the way! This means you are feeling healthier, powered up with some high-carbohydrate stuff, and ready to tackle the day. I often have porridge in the morning because it is super nice, very low in sugar and fat, and easy/quick to make. It fills me up and leaves me full of energy for the day ahead!
2. Be nice to others. If you are sending nice texts to your friends and sharing snacks or money the likelihood is they will reply nicely too - and share their food or money. What goes around comes around, as the old saying goes, and it is completely true in this case. Being nice will mean others are nice in return and a sweet text from a close friend ALWAYS brightens up the day.
3. Ignore the haters, as Miranda Sings (YouTube star) would say. They should back off (another of Miranda's favourite sayings) and stop hating on you - you're a great person, and they need to respect that and be nice. People who ignore you, leave nasty comments on a website/blog, spread untrue rumours about you at school or talk about you behind your back aren't worth your time. Grin at them, move away and accept that you can never please everyone. It's OK. You have loads of friends and a great life. They're jealous of you.
That's the first section of this long post! I hope you use these tips - I love focusing on making my day as happy as I can, and frequently I use all three. Up next are two ways to ignore the negatives.
1. Have a certain time in your day, not a long period of time but a relatively short period, to discuss worries or issues. Call it a 'talk time' or a 'worry time' and use it to talk about your feelings with parents, friends or siblings. Doing this should help you lock the negative thoughts away for the rest of the day and it will also allow you to chat with someone and ask them for help. Take advice and tips because it might help - open up and explain your anxiety and fear.
2. If you are a pessimist (I am to a certain level and I understand!) try not to be one. Rip your focus away from bad things and instead think of nice things. For example, when I was younger I would fret and worry and cry at night because I was alone without my family. I would remember all the bad things that have ever happened to me and cry miserably. Now, though, whenever I feel down I go to listen to some funky music or text my bestie (yep, that's Secretgirl) and cheer myself up. Being sad isn't good and you should find away to distract yourself from it.
Finally, I am ending this post with a few starters on how to improve your life and become a happier, healthier person. I use these the most and I have to say...they work! It is not usually I would try tips like these and admit they work, but these are great and should be followed:
1. Smile as often and as much as you can. Smiling releases an endorphin that cheers you up, and you will look ten times prettier if you just SMILE! Life is beautiful.
2. Eat healthy food, such as salad or granola instead of a main meal or cereal. Cereal is full of sugar and main meals can be extremely fatty; salad and granola are both better lifestyle choices. The reason I am telling you to do this is because they will allow your brain more energy, meaning your work will be at a higher standard. The teachers will love you!
3. If you are sad, eat chocolate. This is controversy towards the last pointer, where I told you to eat healthier. But actually, chocolate also includes the endorphin that cheers you up - so when you are sad it is the PERFECT food to eat! (Just don't eat bars and bars of it...)
4. Meet up with friends or family at the weekend instead of staying inside and sleeping in. Fresh air is lovely and calming, so go for a walk in the park or along the canal. It will blow your troubles away!
I hope you take something from this post. Enjoy it! Try to live life to the full, like I do.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and subscribe below (that would be AMAZING!)
Love,
Girl Behind The Screen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment